View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2015, 04:09 AM   #9
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
I also let the bike idle in 1st gear on jackstands.

Tire was 1/16" out of round, rim seemed true, rear sprocket seemed true, and front sprocket seemed true. It was hard to be sure about the front sprocket, as it is so small and hard to see any "out-of-round" as it rotates.
I have seen some badly deformed tyres at the track mostly, especially some michelins but not only... if the tyre has been stacked under a pile or squeezed for too long in a warm environment and then put on the rim, some deforming remains... and that makes some wobbling possible and/or some movement of the whole wheel system as it rotates...it is rare but possible
have you tried taking the wheels apart from the bike and placing rims somewhere flat so you could check more thoroughly ?

if it is a sure thing the sprocket is misaligned, it must be a swing-arm marking defect which you will eventually find the right position to set the wheel for it to become aligned, otherwise, worst case scenario is either the swing-arm or the chassis are out of shape for some reason....