View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2020, 06:15 AM   #7
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordynWebber View Post
Yeah carb clean is what i thought aswell, i was just wondering how it could of happened after filling the gas tank fully
If not treated, the gas will eventually go bad - full tank or not. Gas with ethanol goes bad quicker.

The real problem is the gas sitting in the floatbowl. Even with stabilizer it still can evaporate, leaving varnish deposits that will plug the jets.

Always best to drain the floatbowls for long term storage IMO. I do it on everything I store (mowers, snowblowers, trimmers) and they always fire right up with fresh gas.

If something has a steel tank I store it with stabilizer and a full tank to prevent rust. I will also add a few ounces of 2-stroke oil as well.

If it has a plastic tank I drain it completely.

Also - it may not run 100% with the first tank of fuel from storage, so don't rush to make changes until you have run thorough that tank. On the first fresh tank each season I add 1oz per gal of Techron Concentrate to clean the fuel system, intake valves, and combustion chamber of deposits. I also run it in all my vehicles each year after winter.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote