View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2019, 08:19 PM   #6
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolland View Post
0) Do I remove the thermoswitch just by unscrewing it? Will this cause coolant to poor out if I don't empty all the coolant?
Yes, drain it into bucket. Then you can filter it through old T-shirt and pour it back in at end. Why are you losing coolant? Fix that problem too.

Quote:
1) What do you mean "bridge two terminals"? Sorry for the basic question, but I'm lost on the terminology here.
When you unplug connector from thermoswitch, you'll have connector with two metal terminals inside.

Make short jumper wire with bare ends.

Plug it into connector's metal terminals to send current from one across to other.

With key ON, this jumper should activate fan (if it's operational). Also measure for voltage on blue/white terminal of this connector and there should be +12v power if wiring is correct.

Quote:
2) Do you have a suggestion for getting +12v? I haven't tested some of the rogue wires so I may have a live wire somewhere that was leading to the grip warmers (not good, but can fix that later), but if not is the best bet to go buy another battery?
You can get some test-leads with alligator clips. Then get power directly from battery to test fan.
Or you can also clip to auxiliary power-connectors near front.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; October 9th, 2019 at 03:13 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote