View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2019, 03:56 PM   #1
Sig99
ninjette.org member

Name: Simon

Motorcycle(s): 1993 katana 600 (sold) 1999 gsxr750 srad (sold) 1991 zx10 (blown)2016 grom 125 (sold) 2006 ninja 250r (current

Angry HELP! 06 250r no spark i need advice

hey guys. new to the forums. so i have no spark. i just bought the bike non running (due to hole in gas tank). but when i checked it out, i hooked a jump pack to it, sprayed some starter fluid, and it fired up and idled for a few seconds. so it had spark, and then i brought it home, and then it has no spark. the coils get hot, the cdi gets warm too, but i made a rookie mistake and hooked the battery up backwards today, blew the fuse, jumped it with a paperclip, and then saw the paper clip start to glow red hot and instantly i unplugged it and discovered the battery was installed incorrectly by myself. also, MAJOR thing is the bike sat outside. uncovered, and when i got home i noticed the cdi box hanging so i was going to zip tie it up but when i picked it up water was inside. i shook it around to get it out, but wondering if maybe thats what blew? i need anyones tips or help here, im desperate. there is no spark at either spark plug but again the cdi (igniter box) gets warm and so does the coils.
Sig99 is offline   Reply With Quote