View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2019, 06:16 PM   #19
Sig99
ninjette.org member

Name: Simon

Motorcycle(s): 1993 katana 600 (sold) 1999 gsxr750 srad (sold) 1991 zx10 (blown)2016 grom 125 (sold) 2006 ninja 250r (current

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
what’s wrong with battery?

Also why not just replace blown 30-amp main fuse on starter solenoid? They’re actually two separate independent components.
I replaced whole solenoid with brand new one off eBay for 12$, due to the starter button not working but I could hear the solenoid click. So I knew the button was working and the solenoid was dead. Replaced it today, as my cdi and solenoid came in. Starter button works with new solenoid but still had no spark. Replaced cdi, and bang. I have spark. The battery was mia when I bought the bike. So I had a small one off an old pit bike or something that I threw in for now. Going to get a battery once I have the extra funds. Bills are tight right now. Thank you very much Danno for your help, you were very helpful with the testing procedures. The cdi I got has a different part number. Although it is off a 2006, the part number off mine is a 21119-0012, 131800-6401, 12v, tncf33
The part number off the new one is 21119-0010, 131800-6141, 12v, tncf32
I wonder what the differences are between the two Cdis. New to me ones sticker is orange/silver and my old one is silver/white. If anyone knows the differences that would be appreciated. I sprayed some starter fluid into the carbs because I have no gasoline lol she fired up and idled for a couple seconds before I killed it. Super exciting night. Got Home from work to find my 2 packages had arrived a few days early and got to hear her rumble for a couple seconds. I might end up getting a new tank depending on how the jbweld holds up haha
Sig99 is offline   Reply With Quote