View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2021, 07:57 PM   #1
Vansaki
ninjette.org member

Name: Van

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250

Help With Valve Clearance

I have a 2007 Ninja 250 with just over 6000 miles. I am putting her away for the winter. She's a new purchase. I've cleaned the carbs and all that. I decided to check the valve clearances. I'm not sure if the previous owner adjusted the valves or not. As I was checking each valve I made sure the pointy part of the lobe was pointing straight up so I could get a good reading. I started out with the .003" gauge. 3 out of the 4 intake valves I couldn't get the .003 in there. the other one was at .003 but not .004. As for the exhaust valves.. I got .004 but not .005, then I got .005 but not .006. the last 2 exhaust valves I couldn't get the .003 in. Is this normal for a bike with only 6000 miles? I always thought as a bike gets mileage on it that the valve clearances would open up ??? When I do the adjusting I was going to put the intake valves at .004" and the exhaust valves at .005". As far as I know those numbers are right in the middle of the specs. I checked my feeler gauges with my micrometer and they are right on. Any advice or input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance !
Vansaki is offline   Reply With Quote