View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2022, 11:42 AM   #13
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Personally I doubt it unless you live on a ranch and can butcher your own cattle
...buying meat of any kind is expensive and making your dog food out of nothing but a few scraps and alot of oatmeal is not a good diet for the dog
.... quality dog food is more expensive than say friskies but it is better quality
just read the label of ingredients...
a dog is a critter that is an omnivore BUT they are PRIMARILY a meat eater like cats... My dog will eat anything I give him so I have to be careful not to give him stuff that he will be barfing up in an hour ! but he will eat it weather it is good for him or not ! it's up to you to feed him properly ! to keep him healthy
....one thing that gets my puppy is tomatoes they do not like him !
or peas... and when I see packaged dogfood with alot of green nuggets in it
i know that it will make him sick if he eats too much of it....
he's just a big o'l ranch dog that got moved to the city and he still thinks the whole block is his to bark at ! LOL....
i buy Kibbles and bits for him, years ago we tried cheaper stuff but it made him sick all the time... so we switched to several different brands and found that kibbles and bits is the best for him and supplement it with a can of canned dog food about every other day....he needs meat content in his diet just like I do... LOL
of course he gets about half of what is on my plate but that is not enough for a 160 lb. dog but some times that makes him sick... i've learned what not to give him.... but screwup every once in a while ! because he "wants it sooo bad !" "barkin bacon" is for when he can't have what I'm having ( like lasagna or spaghetti ! LOL )....
and he will beg me out of my dirty socks for ice-cream ! LOL....
Bob......