View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2010, 11:15 AM   #126
omarcarbomb
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Omar

Motorcycle(s): 2006 250ER

Girlfriend wants to strangle proton flush mount guys!

I should be ready to, cause I just spent my entire easter sunday messing with this. Put the protons on 08 250r and like most others on here, the rear turn signals didn't flash. Tried the resistor fix - no good. Tried the diode fix - no good. Yeah i stripped a lot of wires and burned a lot of solder for easter.

In the end the fix I came up wich is free and everyone should have the parts....

I took the bulbs out of the OEM front turn signals. I soldered 18 guage wire to the two terminals (tip and side) and we (she helped) wrapped the bulb and attached wires in electrical tape.

If you are going to say its going to get hot and be a problem. We tested for that before we gobbed it up with tape and stuffed a potential fire ball up under the front of her new baby. we ran the turn signal for 30 minutes and the bulb was cool enough to touch.

NOTE: The flash speed in this fix is a little fast, but she found it acceptable.

HOW TO:

hook up the proton and the old bulb in parallel.
For those not circuit inclined - That means:

Plug each of the ends of the old bulb into one of the two signals running to the proton.
omarcarbomb is offline   Reply With Quote