View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #84
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
These questions may already have been answered in the various threads, so maybe all of this has been done, but a concise answer to all or most of 'em may be all that's left in my mind before kicking off a contest:
  • Size restrictions on vinyl. What are the max/min dimensions for entries.
  • How many, and/or which colors can be on the submissions.
  • Any other physical restrictions? Does the electronic format of the design matter?
  • Will the sticky part be on the front (so you can put it behind your windscreen), or on the back (so you can put it on the exterior of your bike, like on the fairings somewhere)?
  • Which company is going to make 'em once a winner is selected?
  • How much is it expected to cost? (minimum order, how much per sticker)
  • Who's going to order them and handle shipping to individuals who want them? (unless they can be ordered 1 at a time by those who want one from the manufacturer directly)
  • Dimensions for entries: 2"X4" (someone figure that out for me for those of us who use metric please? )
  • Colors: It's looking like to keep from getting pricey, we're going with a few basic colors. White, black, silver, red, blue, and yellow were already shown in this thread from one possible maker, and I'm thinking we shouldn't go too much farther than that without getting quite a bit more expensive. We probably want to limit entries to a single color for the design, as we will be printing whole decals in several different colors (aka some in all blue, some in all black, some in all white, etc.)
  • Physical Restrictions: Try not to make it too complex as that will also drive up the price. Other than that, make sure it says "Ninjette.org" on it somewhere and be creative! I would suggest trying to put your designs in a few different formats (.jpeg, etc.) just to be sure that it can be sent and read by the maker easily.
  • Sticky side: Will be on the back, so that the decal can be placed anywhere on the exterior of the bike. Most people have some form of tinted windscreen, so planning to put it on the inside may leave quite a few members out.
  • Manufacturer: Ken is looking like our best bet as of right now, and has already agreed to do the job, so I was planning on having him do it provided nobody objects. My reasons are that he already has quite a bit of quality experience (evidenced by his example and history in this thread), he already has the machine to cut the decals, he already has the materials in several different color possibilities.
  • Expected cost: Between $80 and $125 for 500 decals depending on complexity. Max price per decal expense only (based on this, not definite until we know how complex the final design is, which we won't know until AFTER the contest) is $0.25 plus shipping... (don't worry, I'll get there. )
  • Purchaser/Shipment: I was planning on handling that end of this as a bit of my portion of our friend Kkim's "pay it forward" ideal. As this is sorta my baby (not my original idea, but I've been playing with it a lot!) I'd like to have something to do with it other than organization while helping out my fellow ninjette members and the site itself. I didn't ask Ken if he was willing to handle all the shipping, and was assuming that I would send him the money for the initial order, he would send me the decals, I would collect the orders from members, and would then send the decals out from here.

Does that answer the questions well enough or is there more to do?