View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2018, 01:13 PM   #7
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
I know this is Ninjette for Ninjas, but you all are such a diverse group of riders and I know some of you out there have other bikes... So I was hoping I could ask about this, but if it belongs elsewhere, please move it!

Last year I got myself hooked on single-track, woods, and off-road riding and unexpectedly found myself at the finish line of the Hammer Run Dualsport ride in NJ.. so this year I'm planning to do more of them but I also have my eye on Enduro, Hare Scramble and Observed Trials. The bike will be a Beta X Trainer 300.

Anyone here participate in those events? I'm not sure my riding skills are up to snuff for Enduro racing but it's my long-term goal. I think I'd be fine in C class in the Hare Scrambles. Someone told me the Hammer Run is the hardest of the AMA Dualsport rides and if I finish that one I'd be fine on their other stuff.

I'm also interested in meeting up with any of you who may be doing AMA rides in the Mid-Atlantic (PA, OH, NJ, DE, MD, VA, WV) and want to hang out and possibly ride slow with me lol. Some particular Dualsports I'm interested are the Greenridge (MD), Copperhead (OH), Michaux (PA), Shenandoah 500 (VA) and Hammer Run (NJ).

If anyone wants to chat with me about their Dualsport/Enduro/Hare Scramble/Trials experience, I'd appreciate any advice or tips or suggestions! (Pic is of me getting my butt whooped in the NJ pine forest!)
Awesome Katie!! Wish I could join you but there isn't time for EVERYTHING! Lol. Just keep riding and practicing the skills, you'll do awesome. Have fun!
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote