Thread: 335cc
View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2014, 01:11 PM   #77
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce71198 View Post
I have not considered the fuel injection. Not that I wouldnt, Im just old school. I have it stuck in my head that more power can be derived from carburetors.
have read, seen, debated about that before... facts prove otherwise...
However in YOUR case (i.e. the small 250/300/3whatever cc engine on your side of the atlantic) there is one big advantage going on with the carbs... they are by far cost effective !!! if you choose the FI way you are definetely going to get 0,5-1hp more and better driveability, user friendly engine with a tiny bit smoother torque curve BUT you're gonna need... ECU, TBs, fuel pumps, harness, PC V, wideband II or autotune, O2 sensors blah blah blah -a pricey list and many more working hours and mind squeezing riddles for ??? 1 hp more at the most ?? never mind, loose a couple of pounds and we' re gonna be the same on the road or track performance-wise...
Bruce I've looked through these engines and their potentials... I don't know what choice you're gonna make as far as feeding it but you definetely need a 300 head and a well ported one...with wilder cams...
if you go carbs.. I have absolutely no experience or knowledge to advise you...and I bet you won't need much anyway...I am sure of your success in advance, judging from your current results !!
if you pick the EFI mountain to climb, I'll be glad to share any info with you and help you as much as I can...