Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
I'm going to have to have someone walk me through the advice so far. I tried dragging the rear brake and the bike was incredibly unstable. I kept ending up putting my foot down on both left and right turns.

Also tried holding either the clutch or throttle steady. Definitely going to end up being a throttle steady rider. Holding the clutch steady torqued my wrist too much trying to find the sweet spot.

However going back to feet on pegs and feathering the clutch and throttle got me able to move back and forth and really counter balance as I got down to 1.5 parking space wide turns.
If the rear brake does not work for you, then modulate the speed with the clutch, trying to keep the throttle open in a steady manner.

The idea is to concentrate in one control only, while you dramatically turn your head, look far, relax your arms and sense balance with your body.

The reason to use the rear brake as only modulating control is that the foot is independent from steering, which can mess the finesse of throttle and clutch control inputs.
Also because it has the braking effect that clutch and throtle combination lacks.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.