View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2022, 12:13 PM   #46
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

I have MLK day off, so I went for a chilly, somewhat damp ride today. I was determined to get a legit test run in on the 250 though as it's been well over a month since I got a good ride on on either bike. (I intended to get the 650 out Saturday morning only to find a dead battery). So today was the day to run the Ninja, rain or shine.
It did pretty good. No hiccups and the suspension is better than it was before what with the new springs and rear shock. I suspect I could have gotten away with 0.80kg/mm as the .85s are a little hard; maybe they'll settle in though. I kinda wish I had sprung for a YSS rear shock instead of being frugal and getting a used Ninja 300 shock; the back end still squats and bucks and squirms all over when I'm getting on it. Maybe that has something to do with the little 120 rear tire I'm running though. A 130 may improve that. Or I could add a click or two of preload.
The Vapor gauge is nice and does its job. Not much to say about it beyond that, although I miss the analog tach. I hooked up some cheap dummy lights for oil and neutral. I still need to check my speedometer against gps but I doubt it's that far off from reality. My gut tells me it's closer to true speed than the factory gauge was. The Trail Tech piece records maximums, so I zero'd everything before I left this morning and recorded it:

Not bad for a beat old 250 on a drizzly morning! Here was my route: