View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2022, 12:58 PM   #26
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL yah I know what ya mean Drew !
to me it's just magic working in an F.I. system ! but I know Man made it, so
their's gott'a be a way to change how much it spits out at a time when it does spit out the fuel..... I know you can re program the Eprom in the ECU but that takes quite a bit of specialized equipment, or at least used to many years ago...
but I have to wonder if there isn't a simple mechanical "tweeking" that you could do to accomplish the same thing...
.... Re maping a ECU would not be my first choice BUT it's also not beyond my abilities if I had the knowledge to do it ! ...that much I know.... flashing an eprom of old was a ( and still is) a complicated endivor.... but a guy that has done that before making his own version of a F.I system should know the in's and out's of what needs to be done !....
I almost got into doing my own eproms way back in the early years of computers as I made a program I called the UCP "the Ultimate CW Program"
as I programed it in C+ using Borland C upgraded to Borland C++ or what ever.... ( that has been many Decades ago) but every aspect of the signal sent out from the ham radio was variable so you could taylor make your signal instead of the canned programs of the day... my program gave you the ability to change the length of the dit's and dahs of morse code and RTTY
and receive both in real time....
once hooked up you could just type on your key board and send morse code at any speed you wanted to .....
.... but life got in the way and I never did get around to doing that...
I had the program and the interface and did sell quite a few copies
of the program but never went any further with it.
but being able to change every aspect of the fuel in a F.I. engine is really alluring.... problem is their is dozens of programs out there already that do that already..... but it is relitively an unknown science and it is really hard to find ANY information on the subject !
so Right now all I want to do is just ritchen up the idle a little bit on my new bike but how do you do that on a F.I. system ???? it's magic I tell ya !
I'll have to get all new electronic equipment and all that there is no doubt about that but I want to do that anyway... a new scope,new high quality VTOM a magnifier and bread boards for experiments and such and a good signal generator.... and possibly a eprom burner.... and an interface to program them with.... or a tablet to do that.
but time is awasting ! it's a good day here, and I think I'll take out the RX4 and see how badly I screwed up the handling with my lowering of the bike !
later all !
Bob........