Thread: '92 rebuild
View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2022, 02:03 PM   #171
BonelessSugar
ninjette.org member

Name: Cashby

Motorcycle(s): EX250-F x 3, TW200, NPS50

@DannoXYZ

All the plastics have been repaired, but not painted. Had to add some raw plastic strips in for support on the middle of the lower cowl, it was cracked in half at the bushing spot.

Rear brake is cleaned and bled, leaving wheel off to make it easier to put carbs and airbox in and out.

Got the carb on but couldnt get the airbox on the carb and broke my aluminum fix on the carb, nbd. Last time i removed the metal springs on the airbox and did some finagling to get it on, very annoying to get the springs back on the airbox when its attached to the carb in the bike. Airbox is missing the rubber band on the top to hold it down, 92072-1196 ($30 on ebay, shesh). Did a 4hr trail ride on my other bike today. Going to get the carb and airbox on then start asking for help with starting the bike. Dumping out the old fuel in the tank and replacing it with fresh fuel to try to start the bike (tomorrow morning). I cut the carb fuel line and put an inline filter in it to try to help with the rust in the tank.

I also replaced the footpeg, then drilled and tapped the handlebar, and got new bolts for the front brake reservoir.

I need to still put all the handlebar controls back on, need to either find a video of someone doing it or try to figure it out without help. Also need to add in the coolant reservoir tank you sent me.

I have a camping trip next week so I'll be MIA after tomorrow.

I found out after mounting the tire that apparently you're supposed to replace the valve stems while you're replacing the tire... oops. Ordered new ones and new tires for my other ninjas that I haven't started working on yet.
BonelessSugar is offline   Reply With Quote