View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #1
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

weird voltage/no start issue

So I pulled my wife's '09 out of the shed Sunday night and put the key in, turned it to ON, hit the starter button and heard a click and everything went black. Kill switch check, neutral check, sidestand check, clutch check... all good. I figured I had popped the 30 amp fuse so I rolled it back into the shed so I could look at it later. Finally got to it today suspecting I'd find a wire grounding to the frame from the aftermarket lighting... didn't see anything and I checked the 30 amp fuse and it was fine. I checked all my 10 amp fuses with my multimeter, all fine too. Followed 12.5 volts from the battery up to the ign switch on the white wire... all good. Then I started following voltage on the brown wire to the ign switch and I'm only getting 8 volts. Strange. Same 8 volts on the brown wire at the fuse block too.

Been through this:

...AND the regular wiring diagram, gonna go back through it more when I have time to check all the wires.

Oh, and I pulled ALL of the stupid LED kit from the bike to be sure. It had been run straight to the battery.
So here's a video:
http://s1147.photobucket.com/user/th...f3bd1.mp4.html