View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2015, 06:32 AM   #49
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
progress is slow but steady as always.

I will hopefully finish my first set of dog bones up this weekend, just need to drill 1 more set of holes and then grind them down a bit here and there for some clearance.

I have enough material to make one more set if I am not 100% crazy about the height these ones give me but I have check many times and think the length I am going with will give both good looks and ride stability/performance.

I moved the tire from the n650 wheel onto my rs250 wheel, it was a real bugger getting it off the n650 wheel Never bothered to check it the whole time I had it for holes and when I went to fill it up on the rs wheel I noticed there is a big cut in it, looks like a knife puncture. Must have been that way since I bought it months ago off ebay, the tire was supposed to be good though.... damn flea bay. Either way, even a flat tire is useful at this point for me to have the bike as a roller and I don't want to spend the cash on a new tire just yet.

So I bought the front calipers/lines and MC finally and a bunch of misc. bolts, spacers/washers I needed to button some things up. Still need to pick up a side stand sooner or later, I'm watching one on ebay now. Not too much stuff left to waste money on which is good because I'm running out of things to sell to fund this project Still need front rotors, (almost bought them the other day but was a good boy and put some money from selling stuff into the bank , (pats self on back) and I am thinking I will sell the mikuni carbs and pick up some PWK's . Other than that, just odds and ends and the dreaded engine work, and of course new shiny pipes in the distant future

I could get the engine back together for under $300 but kinda want to send it out for porting and getting the squish/compression adjusted among other things while it is apart.

Might be a next year thing when I get tax return.

Ill try and get some pictures up this weekend or early next week. Figure it is about time to play dress up with the bike. After I get linkage all together I will put the clip-ons on, tank, rear fairing and maybe the rear sets to get an idea of how it might look Should be interesting, I am not crazy about the rear fairing I have, I was planning on trimming the under side of it from the start but will have a better idea once I get a better overall picture.

TTFN

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Last futzed with by subxero; August 7th, 2015 at 08:39 AM.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote