View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2018, 11:17 AM   #8
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp8484 View Post
Oil level is.. pretty high. it fills up the sight glass if I keep the bike upright and look. 800km in this season so far and first time it happened though.. should I try draining it out a bit? I messed up when I changed oil before winter and went over the ideal amount a bit..

I'll give it a sniff later for oil smell, if carb issue.. I guess I'll have to crack it open sooner than planned. I was going to do the pilot jet swap to 40 instead of stock 38 anyway

thanks guys! I'll keep checking to see if symptom continues
I would drain it back so it's between the upper and lower marks. Too high isn't good.

Have you removed the caps from the Idle Mixture Screws? I would do that, and get the mixture set properly, but if the adjustment isn't way out (over 3.5 turns out) there's no reason to replace the Pilot Jets.

Setting the Idle Mixture - https://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_do...dle_mixture%3F

This is for the PreGen models, but I think yours (NewGen) is the same. There are differences in the carbs and internal parts but I believe the mixture adjustments should be the same side-to-side like the PreGens.

2.5 turns out is a good base for most, slightly more with ethanol gas or cold temps.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote