View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2020, 07:48 PM   #15
Gearbox Paul
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2007 CBR 125R (sold)

How bright should gauge back lights be?

I am reviving an old thread because I am looking to upgrade the stock bulbs on the three gauges of my 2010 Ninja 250R. I find the gauges are poorly lit and difficult to read at night. The stock bulbs are 1.7 watt T-10 bulbs. I am looking to upgrade these to something much brighter and preferably red. But I'm not sure how bright is bright enough and not too bright. T-10 bulbs on Ali Express and Ebay vary from 30 lumens to 2000 lumens. The 2000 lumen bulbs are meant for back up lights on a car and will obviously be much too bright for gauge back lights. On the the other hand, I dont' think 30 lumens will be bright enough. I've found some that are 300 lumens per bulb (link below) and I'm wondering if these would light up the gauges acceptably. These particular one have three 3030 chips, one on the top and two on the sides. So I might have a bright spot from the chip on the top.

I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the above and possibly share what lumen output bulbs they've installed and how they like them?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...archweb201603_
Gearbox Paul is offline   Reply With Quote