View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2020, 09:32 PM   #23
Gearbox Paul
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2007 CBR 125R (sold)

Update - received and installed LED bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearbox Paul View Post
Thanks for comments and insight. I just ordered the bulbs in the link below. They are 3X 3030 LED's. Vendor quotes about 300 lumens (I'm sure 300 LM is for the white bulbs). I ordered 4 red and 6 white. I hope to use the red's for the gauge lights, but if they end up being too bright or I don't like them, I'll still have 6 whites that I can use for interior lights (dome lights, etc.) on my car. Delivery is 50 days... I'll post before/after pictures of the gauge back lighting once I've received and installed the bulbs.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...4da54c4dPCikSq
i received the bulbs I ordered from Ali Express. I tried the red LED bulbs but i did not find these overly bright, about the same as the OEM white bulbs. I then installed the white LED's and these are noticeably brighter then the stock bulbs. I took a picture of the OEM bulb and the LED bulb to show the brightness difference. The second picture is the dash lights with the OEM bulbs and the third with the LED white bulbs. The pictures probably don't do it justice. I haven't changed any of the indicator bulbs, as I don't see a need to change them.

I think the white LED's are nice improvement and I can see my gauges better now. For $5 it was worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0563.JPG (70.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0565.JPG (74.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0567.JPG (71.7 KB, 57 views)
Gearbox Paul is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.