View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2021, 06:38 PM   #252
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
A good friend of mine, who happens to be a motorcycle legend, told me when I first started racing (back in 1982) to find someone fast and follow them. This might help you find the points of reference and the speed you are looking for.

He now mentors young riders and still tells them to do that. Just remember to pass them before the finish line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
@CC Cowboy,
You are correct, when following a faster rider, I always use all my reference markers as they still work at the faster pace. I am still far from 99% braking or carrying max speed thru turn. Since I just finally made a break thru this season a lot of these things are still unchanged since I just started to get comfortable running at the faster pace. When following a faster rider, I use my reference but I might brake just slightly late. The only thing I see as different is that I dont have to think as much to set entry speed, I just match the faster rider.

I will look at their markers this season and see if I can use them to my advantage.

Thanks for the plan!
Ant

PS I live in Worcester Mass area and have 2 Ducatis--Should you be in the neighborhood and want to go for a ride
Most people find it easier to ride faster being towed by another rider Why do you think that is? Is it because they just give you more confidence because they can do it? Are you still looking at your own RP's or do you think having someone in front of you encourages your eyes to be looking further up the track/road then when they aren't in front of you? Could it just be something slightly different in your visuals when you are following someone else?
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.