View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2021, 07:37 PM   #259
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Final update before the Palmer Memorial day trip.

I have just returned from 3 days in the Hospital. Since I am apparently insane, I still intend to ride both days if my strength holds up. Unfortunately, the weather is forecasted to be cold and rain for the entire weekend. I am doubtful I can obtain my goals under these conditions but track time is experience and will just help me next opportunity. I may finally get a chance to try out the rain tires I purchased several years ago, they have been in shrink wrap in my "race Shop" since the Big Brown Truck dropped them on my door. Never ridden on rains so let the learning begin again!

I guess someone may want to know what happened that put me in the hospital for a few days. I could not sleep Tuesday night-not uncommon for me but this was a little different. Wednesday morning I was freezing and shivering but had no fever and my energy was super low. I tried to nap while covered with a blanket and wearing a hoodie in a 75 degree room. After a couple hours of this, i felt a little better- or so I thought- so I did a few light chores and I started to sweat. I kept feeling hotter and hotter (like the guy in Napolien Dynamite) until I was dripping sweat with all my clothes were soaked and this was with the aircon on max and a fan blowing directly on my for 2 hours. Wife drove me to emergency room and after hours of tests they could not find anything. They finally did a CT scan and I was rushed to a larger hospital to see a Urologist. The informed me that my Kidneys were/are infected and there is and abscess on one of them!!!!!!!
Needless to say, many antibiotics and $10's of thousands of dollars later, I feel better and may have introduced my ER DR. to try out non sportbike days on the track!--Whoops- off topic again--The infection responded to the drugs and should totally clear up in a week or 2 after further- NON IV antibiotics. So thats my excuse if I cant reach my set goals this weekend and I can prove my case in a court of law!!

Be safe and I will update for those who care, on Tuesday
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote