View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:36 PM   #43
tubarney
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2010 SE

I'm guessing it's cold in Milwaukee right now. How long till you get your crank back?

I just measured the bearing clearances with plasti-gauge. Make sure your journals and bearings are completely oil free when you do it. I had to do it twice as the first time my plast-gauge disappeared. Also, be careful when putting the balance shaft in not the spin either one, put crank in first.

I got 0.025 mm on the crank and in between 0.025 and 0.038 mm on the balance shaft. All my journal diameters are high in the standard range on both crank and balance shaft.

I'm getting the journals on both micro-polished because the bearings are so badly worn. It takes off 0.005 mm so I am going to replace the yellow and blue bearings with the same colour. I should be on the loose end of spec but still well within the 0.038 for crank and 0.044 for balance shaft.

I will basically have a brand new bottom end.

With assembly I will clean every hole & bearing with compressed air and brake cleaner. Oil everything up with a 10:1 mixture of Motul v300 and Dow Corning Molykote G-N assembly paste.

My crank will be ready by wed or thurs this week. Just waiting for bob weights to be custom made. Will assemble over the Easter weekend.

Last futzed with by tubarney; March 24th, 2013 at 02:10 AM.
tubarney is offline   Reply With Quote