View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2017, 04:11 PM   #6
MLR
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
For the price of Yoshimura adapter, you can get a Chinese rearset for the same price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foot-pegs-Re...v3diyA&vxp=mtr
The Ebay rear sets that I purchased (very typical to the link supplied) didn't fit, I contacted the supplier about the fitment and, after my sending pics with them attached to show how they didn't fit (I used a small steel ruler to show the measurements that were out for the master cylinder and the brake lever) they sent me a electrical harness to connect the rear brake, which, although it is pointless, was nice

They did supply a big bag of fittings and bushes, sadly, after trying every configuration we couldn't get the master cylinder and the linkage from the brake level to line up and push straight, the master cylinder mounting point needed to be about 20mm rearward and out about 7mm more out to line up for a straight push on the piston.

As for the shift side, well that was another case of fail.

So now I have some rear sets that don't fit (they do bolt to the frame but thats about it) and a harness which I cannot use.

Don't do what I did, spend a bit more, the fitment and adjustability of the better quality items is well worth the extra cash.

In the end I ended up with some very expensive nuts and bolts to put in my nuts and bolts tin.
MLR is offline   Reply With Quote