View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2019, 10:26 PM   #7
MrMcTavish
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 1992 ninja 250

No pictures for this update because photobucket is telling me I'm over my limit now. I will try to delete some useless older ones to get the updated pictures up for you guys.

I have all the basic stuff crossed off my list currently. I haven't updated this recently because I've been having too much fun actually riding it now. I did manage to get most of the bare metal brackets that I have made painted along with the shrouds, but because I'm not a body guy and have almost zero patients, didn't sand the bondo well enough and you can see it straight through the paint. It's covered though so it won't rust. Never got around to painting the inside of the shrouds. Oh well, that's for another day.

I have decided to switch back to the stock exhaust for the mean time so I don't have to touch the jetting and I can just enjoy it for the summer. I will try to plan and swap it out and rejet over this winter along with maybe a few cosmetic changes and maybe some suspension upgrades. Because I switched back to the stock mufflers, that required that I made some support brackets for them. They turned out ok but look kinda bulky compared to the oem aluminum ones. Again, because I just wanted to ride it, they never got painted. I have been waiting for a day when I don't feel like riding and the humidity isn't 90% or higher.

I received my new tires earlier this week and had them put on today. I've got maybe 40 miles on them. I went with some Michelin pilot steet radials. The tires that came on the new gen rear wheel I bought was a 140/70/17 and it was rubbing just ever so slightly on the swingarm so I went with the OEM new gen size of 130/70/17 and there's no clearance issues now.

Another thing I plan on changing when I can, is the coolant overflow. I used the water bottle out of necessity not because I like the way it looks.

I'm loving riding this thing around and ringing it all the way up to that crazy 14k redline. I plan to take a trip from Milwaukee to Indiana this coming weekend for an annual get together with a bunch of motorcycle buddies. Can't wait to make the trip on this bike.
MrMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote