View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2019, 09:21 PM   #27
MrMcTavish
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 1992 ninja 250

So I didn’t have as much fun at the track as I planned. Came in a little hot on the front straight and dumped it in the grass. It bent the one one shroud pretty good, dented the crap out of the overflow and put a small dent in the radiator. Also, now my tank leaks. I’m pretty sure it’s leaking from the hook that holds the tank to the frame. Tried everything short of welding it to patch the leak. I’m gonna try some Jb weld this next week while I’m off and hope that fixes it for good. Otherwise I have done some more things to it.
I finally have the zx600 shock on and I gotta say, I really don’t notice a difference. I tent to not have a great butt that notices things so I could be crazy. Also modded some stock fairings to replace my bent radiator shrouds and painted them. I have a green ninja logo that will be going on each one eventually. Also got the yoshi exhaust on. I didn’t have time to rejet so that will be happening this next week.
My buddy happened to mention that he has a 636 front end laying around that he might sell to me so it’s possible that I’ll be swapping these whimpy looking 36mm forks for some beefy USD. From what I’ve read, I’ll probably have to swap the triple stems from my bike onto the 636 forks. Well see when we get there
MrMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote