Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2022, 08:32 PM   #371
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

lol after I said that I took the bike for the first ride sense being layed up for the winter and i noticed the heat getting too high so I turned around and went back home.....
I've checked to see if it has coolant ....although to be honest I did NOT check the radiator just the reserve tank and that is wrong, I need to check the radiator specifically because it will not always drain the reserve tank first.... i've had that problem with a car before....
I pulled the temperature sensor plug and put my trouble light on one side and the fan started so I know the fan works ( i never did hear the fan come on)
...I couldn't find anything wrong with it so I am waiting for CSC to get back to me...specifically Joey as he's pretty darn sharp on these things... but I guess I caught him on his days off as he has not gotten back to me yet....
I dunno what I gott'a do to get to the silly radiator cap it's burried under the fairing ..... but tomorrow if it's not raining and I get up in the daylight hours
I'll look into that problem and see what I can find ...but i've had no problems with the bike in 60 miles so far then I covered it for 3 months and then tried to take it for a ride and then the temp gauge goes almost to the top.... so that ain't right i gott'a fix it
sitting for a long period is hard on any machine even the fuel injected ones
the TT250's battery is dead..... not even 6 months old but I knew they used a cheap battery and I'll replace it with a better one soon it has a kick start so I can start it even with a dead battery ! I like that !
an Oddity .....we might be able to see the Aura borealis tonight because of the big solar flare.... that will be neet !
Bob.........