Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2022, 01:08 PM   #376
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Indeed ! well said Drew ! yes over the years I have been frequently reminded that 350lbs or so is alot more than I can man handle ! in my younger years I was short but strong and I could grunt the monsters around by sliding the back around or something like that but now that I'm gaining on 69 years of age I am finding my strength is going away quickly and it's not something I can rely on any more..... getting old sux ! i laid the Rx4on it's side on my very first ride turning around and I can come up with a hundred excuses for that little mishap but the fact that I only barely got it back up on it's wheels by myself
reminded me that this bike is heavy at 450lbs ! and the tall seat height at the time had alot to do with that lay over.... i have sense lowered the bike
but I'll be more careful when putting my wheels in soft cinders on the side of the road !....
Off road is not as easy to pick up a bike....been there done that one too many times to count...so I made myself a pole jack to carry in the RX4 to help with that just incase i need it....
Bob.....