Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2022, 06:20 PM   #377
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

if Marshall is still messing with that bike I have this to say......
and I quote...he wrote....."I went back to the 38 idle jets because it ran a little better with them. I have blown through all the passages at least 20 times. the air compressor I am using is a 150 psi compressor so I WOULD think it would clear the passages out."
I don't care if you have 200 P.S.I air pressure you cannot get the passage ways in the carburetors clean doing just that !!! gas dries into a varnish and sticks to the walls of the very small tubes in the carburetors you have to scrape it out,
brake it loose, and then flush it out... to get them clean, air alone will NOT do it.
..... it will on the Triumph because the passage ways are bigger but on the Ninja they are quite small and the idle passage way is the worst to clean, it branches off into 4 tubes each tube has to be clean or the bike will not run like it did straight from the factory !
Don't give up on it Marshall ! you can get it running just clean the carbs one last time and get the pilot passages super clean look at Danno's post somewhere on here that shows where those passage ways are
and Gorden even mentioned using guitar string wire to clean the passages
it's a do-able job ! just aggravating that nothing seems to work !
and that's because the carbs are still plugged in there or restricted !
they gott'a be clean !!!!

Remember carb cleaner now days doesn't remove varnish worth a darn ! they had to take out the chemical that worked so now carb cleaner doesn't clean that much !.... ya gott'a do it by hand !
Bob........