View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2011, 05:32 AM   #8
KawiRider
ninjette.org member

Name: Derek

Motorcycle(s): '08 and 09 Ninja 250R

I have two Ninjettes. An '08 and 09' that are garage kept. It gets fairly cold in my garage during the winter. I put Sta-bil in them with a full tank, and ran it for a minute to get it in the jets. I fire them up long nough to get to operating temperature a couple of times a month and thump the throttle a few times through the RPM range to see if the jets are working correctly. I move them around periodically to rotate the tires, to avoid flat spots. That's about it. I haven't had ANY problems yet, but I do have my own shop at home and the bikes are maintained emaculately. That probably makes a huge difference over those who have to store them in weather.

I was driving home from class a while back during a snowstorm, and I saw a '06 636 parked out in front of someone's house covered in snow. I thought I was tripping but I turned around and came back to see, and it looked as though it was parked out there all winter.. I felt sad, like when you see someone's pet out in sub-arctic temperatures shivering. It was pitiful!
KawiRider is offline   Reply With Quote