View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #6
HotRedTurbo
ninjette.org member

Name: Jesus

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2003 GSX R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
Was going to start a thread on this as there is 20 threads that didn't quite conclude as to the 100ohm bridging 2 wires.

My race bike has a loose ignition (I think the shear bolts are butchered or loose.)
it looks like it weighs a tonne and I want it gone, its about to fall out.

What are the racers using for a switch n the US?
I wired my racebike to use a switch. The information is in the service manual electrical wiring diagram. Well, except the 100 ohm resistor part.

The resistor is in the ignition from the igniter side (gray) I believe. When turning on the ignition switch, it is positioned in series with a 12V source (2 White wires). You also need the regulator wire seeing a 12V source when on. If you want to do this mod, I would recommend getting a switch with an LED, just to make sure you have 12V when turned on. I did just incase something goes wrong at the track it'll help me troubleshoot faster (ie: bike is not turning on and LED is not turning on means there's no voltage. Battery/wiring issue). I'm working now but I'll try to go home and take pix during lunch, which is very soon.

PS: When in doubt, ohm it out. Cut all wires to ignition switch and start ohming out every combination of paired wires possible (with position ON of course). You'll find which 2 wires it is that way.

Last futzed with by HotRedTurbo; April 18th, 2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: adding PS information
HotRedTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote