View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2014, 11:25 AM   #13
Rifleman
Old and slow

Name: Lohman

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki TL1000R, Honda CBR600F3, Ninja 250

Not me so much, but my daughter really REALLY liked to ride with me and being on the angry growling V-twin of death would turn heads.

got a lot of smaller kids, most often in parking lots... I look like a yellow power ranger I'm sure.

We went to see a movie together, just the two of us, daddy daughter date kind of thing. Asked her if she wanted to take the bike... Of COURSE.

We get to the movie theater and she says, "dad, you know how many people look at us when we are on this bike?"... I told her I pay a lot of attention to the traffic and what have you trying not to get killed.

she said, "all of them dad, every one we pass has to look at this bike and see what sounds so grumbly and looks even more scary"

Had a guy walking across the parking lot turn around and walk back, he could not figure out what Suzuki it was... he said, "that's not a 'busa' is it?" I said no it's not, and if you think it looks awesome wait until you hear it.

It's a love / hate thing, either they really like it, or they are totally opposed to it. Not much in between.

In truth this is what I really like about this website, a good number of female riders. I can count the number of female liter bike pilots over at ZX-10R, or TLZone.net with out taking my shoes off. Maybe 3 10R pilots, and 2 TLR pilots who post on those sites.

those bikes are not for the timid, male or female.
Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote