View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2019, 12:16 PM   #12
frost
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Levi

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r

Progress and update

Alright so I’ll start by saying I still full well intend on sending my carbs in to Ducatiman to have them properly cleaned before my trip in September but I continued to fiddle with them because that’s the only way I’ll be able to learn and have a good understanding of how my bike works and be able to confidently self-diagnose problems/issues shall they arise. So, here’s where we are. I disassembled the carbs again and the only thing I left attached was the choke slide and put them in a chem dip to sit. The recommended time slotted was 24 hours but I’ll be honest, I forgot about them and they sat for 3 days. On day 3 I removed them from the chemdip and first thing I noticed is how much more free the choke slide worked along with all the old fuel tarnish being 90% gone. I blew out all orifices at 320 psi, replaced pilot jets, carb bowl gasket, both diaphragms on the needle jet, drilled out the cap for the idle jet mixture screws (I believe that’s what they’re called) and dialed them out 2 and 1/2 turns per factory recommendations, hooked it all back up and VWALA!! She lives!!

Here’s the kicker though. I think it’s getting too much fuel because the throttle response in neutral is fantastic, she idles strong, but when put into first gear more times than not it sounds like it’s really bogging down and won’t actually gain speed until the rpms hit 3.5k plus. While riding in that rpm range (3.5k+) all is well until I let off the throttle then it sounds like there’s some backfire going on (why I think there’s too much fuel being delivered). I just wanted to give you guys an update as to where I’m at and also put my current situation out there to make sure my thought process on this is sound. Thank y’all for the help and guidance provided already and I’ll post a video to this thread when I’m off work to show both the progress and current situation.
frost is offline   Reply With Quote