frost
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Levi

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Hey, making progress!

These bikes have lean mid-range and rich top-end. The popping and bogging you have in low-end are from insufficient fuel. DO NOT try to "force" past this by using higher throttle-openings and higher-RPMs. The lean mixtures will cause excessive heat, detonation/pinging and will blow headgasket, or melt holes in pistons!

You need to take carbs back out for even more thorough and deeper cleaning. Chemicals do not work on dried petrol, it chemically oxidises and cross-links into poly-vinyl bonds (plastic). Only way to completely remove is with mechanical means. Scrubbing and flossing with wire. For example:

You need to poke out all bleed holes in pilot jet and emulsion tube with guitar wire of matching size as holes. You'll find it pushes out little plastic plugs that looks like grains of sand. No amount of soaking can remove those plugs, they must be mechanically removed. You need to test before and after cleaning of these holes. I drip coloured dye through ends to verify that every single hole "bleeds" correctly.

Same thing with fuel-circuits. These needs to be mechanically flossed to remove dried gas varnish.

Then all passages need to be soda-blasted to remove the varnish crumbs that remains after flossing. Compressed air just packs these crumbs into tight wad at ends of passages and creates further clogs (unless you use +10000 psi). Soda-blastings breaks them down into smaller pieces to they can be moved out the tiny holes at end.

Thank you for the insight and advice!! I haven’t driven it since because, as you said, running the bike at high RPMs can’t be good for it! Thank you for the diagram and I’ll be getting to work on that tonight!!
frost is offline   Reply With Quote