View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:50 AM   #70
Konohasaint
ninjette.org member

Name: United States

Motorcycle(s): 09' 650 R

I have been looking around here for quite a while. I have meant to post on a few things here and there but never have. Today, I took the time to register.

This is just horrible, people are calling for jail. I honestly think that more should be done. This should be a national TV campaign here not a local / regional. Drunk drivers should be dealt with in the harshest of ways. Especially one that hits a motorcycle and then RUNS!!!!

My room mate is someone that was nailed for DUI a year ago. He got off scott free. Said he would never drink again.... about 3 months ago, he drove home from a party and took out a fence. Didn't even remember why he drove home. Perhaps it's me, but I find the fact that he still drinks at all a little on the foolish side. I certainly understand wanting a beer and this lady did what my room mate could have done. That makes me sad, because while he hurt no one he would have never forgiven himself if he did.

On the other side of things I have been hit on my bike and woke up to no one there because the driver ran. This woman should be made an example of. Show people that they need to be responsible when drinking, an to try to mitigate the damage they do when they do hit someone, car, bike or otherwise.

My thoughts are with your friend. I hope he has a speedy recovery and that the media crucifies this woman in a way that the courts wont so that the drivers and drinkers of the country see the damage they can really do. I hope that your friend continues to be a hero for a long time to come.
Konohasaint is offline   Reply With Quote