View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2017, 02:37 AM   #1
MLR
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Lil Ninja, trials and tribulations

So, I just purchased a new old 2011 Ninja 250R, green beastie, new tires, new chain, lots of meat on the pads, sounds good too with a slip on musarri w/ baffle.

As with all new old stuff the initial servicing with new plugs and oil were first on the list, I went to the local shop, told them my make and model and got plugs, oil, filter and a new washer, bloody washer was the wrong size, the original was still servicable so it went back on.

Then after some googling found this web site.

Boredom ensued and I started looking at some mods.

Did the cable tie mod, it was rubbish, it worked, sort of, but it didn't feel right, I then rang around and visited every shop in the area for a +06 R6 throttle tube, none to be had, rang shop and ordered a 06 R6 throttle tube from shop, $70, ouch, anyways, parts dude says Yamaha site down, verified from other shops, so at this stage I'm still waiting.

Purchased a 15 tooth front sprocket, due to a new chain the tension was too late tight and there was no adjustment left so the old 14 tooth went back on.

More googling ensued.

Rang shop and ordered a 42 tooth rear sprocket, shop rings a few days later and says it's in, I rode to shop and low and behold, they sent a 48 tooth, dude said sorry and I'm still awaiting the 42.

The bike itself is in good nick, and fun blasting to and from work, it's just a pity that my luck with parts is, at this point, rubbish.

Any hows, this is just my little thread of trials and tribulations and the effect that boredom can have when playing with stuff.

In two weeks time I might start looking at tuning, God knows how thats going to turn out.

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of, Honey I melted my pistons, or how to clean up after using a dry chemical fire extinguisher.
MLR is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.