View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2014, 08:04 AM   #13
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Well maybe I'm getting ahead of myself as I have a lot of work to do just in general maintenance and getting the little bits to make it road worthy but at the same time I guess you need something to aim at for the future.

Here are 2 pictures of bikes that I am using as inspiration for my project. They are a little different but each has a few key aspects for the look I am hoping for.

I really like the bikini fairing look up front, I like the solo seats on both, but more so the yellow one as it is a little more modern and aggressive looking + I pretty much already have that fairing kit. Other than that, the red one has an R1 front end swap and a rgv250 rear swinger swap. Neither are cheap mods but in due time I like the pipes on the yellow one but I will most likely go for a 2 exhausts on the right side look, just my thing.

Ok done with the day dreaming, what is actually in the plans for the near future.

Work on selling some things i don't plan on keeping from the bike to get some cash for bearing seal kits, gasket kits ect... In the mean time Complete tear down, go over all bearings and seals, replace what needs replaced. compression test the engine, take the top end off and check it out. Peer into the bottom end from the top, jiggle the crank rods and decide if I should split the case. (replace things as needed, if the crank and top end are in bad shape ill probably spring for a 421cc big bore & stroke kit )

Ill strip and paint lots of parts, bits and pieces while the bike is apart. (have to decide on a color yet )

Tear the carb apart, decide if I want to keep the one on there or get a different one along with aftermarket reeds.

put everything back together less the front end. Think long and hard about doing the front end swap now to save some money in the long run. Front end will need all new bearings, brake lines, levers, who knows what else. I could easy put that $100+ into a R1 complete front end. But then I need to spring for a wheel and tires among other things, can always sell takes offs to help make ends meet $ wise as well but that is always a gray area

Two strokes are easy and fun to work on but it is easy to dig yourself a $ hole with engine, exhaust and intake mods. I know this first hand from my dirtbike

So yeah, that's the game plan for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rz 350.jpg (52.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg RZ%20right%20side.JPG (154.1 KB, 13 views)

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.