View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2015, 08:17 AM   #25
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
^ yeah, I have been watching lots of parts on ebay for a few months, these were the cleanest looking, lowest priced ones I had seen.

I still have to get lots of parts for the front but am holding off for a few weeks buying calipers ect... If I get a decent tax return I might spring for a set of newer forks. I like the darker gold and updated components that go along with them. I will have to use the old triple but the newer forks should fit the same, they are a little shorter though but it should be non issue if I go that route. I should be able to sell the older r1 tubes to recoupe most of what I paid for them and I keep the triple.

Yeah, there are some gorgeous rz hybrid builds out there. A lot of the guys that do these go crazy all out. I don't have that kind of loose change but hopefully I will slowly get there with the small bits and pieces to spice it up.

Next priority on my list other than front end bits is a new swingarm. The RGV250 VJ22, and vj23's pop on ebay pretty consistently from the UK but they are not cheap. The other route is finding an old 80's Fz600 swingarm. I don't see very many.

It's a fine hole I have dug, will be interesting to see how and how long it takes me to dig back out

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote