View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2015, 12:11 PM   #31
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Some pics where i half ass just slapped some of the conversion bits on just for fun and to look for any glaring issues that will need addressed

Finally got the engine out, the top end doesn't look to bad at quick glance, the head and domes look reasonable the cylinders does not look bad at all. Will have better idea when i take the jugs off.

A pictures of the where the top of the shock bolts to the frame. Shows why i need to find either a non reservoir shock or one with a remote reservoir.

A pic of the center stand and the bracket that is off the bottom of the frame that it and the original linkage connects to I will need to make a bracket that connects to that in which the linkage knuckle will anchor to for the shock conversion as there are different pieces than the stock bits

so a little progress. My biggest thing i am trying to figure out what i am going to do is with the swing arm conversion. I can either get a bunch of stuff made to sleeve down the pivot of the rgv swingarm to accept the original rz pivot bolt, or just bore out the holes in the frame to accept the larger rgv pivot bolt diameter. I hunted all day yesterday for bearings or spacers online that would allow me to sleeve everything down but can't find the perfect ones so the latter gets more appealing by the day, there is tons of material on that part of the frame and it just seems so much easier, just need to make sure it is done right.

i still have a lot of money to spend before this is on the road
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1736.jpg (126.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1737.jpg (135.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1750.jpg (80.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1751.jpg (122.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1754.jpg (153.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1755.jpg (113.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1756.jpg (148.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1747.jpg (100.7 KB, 8 views)

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.