View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #24
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
chris, i don't know if a pilot 160 would work with the frame/swingarm sizes... the 150s are rubbing the chain guard. a 160 might be ok with the guard gone but i think any bigger and you're going to be rubbing the chain on the tire. maybe you could get a 420 or 415 chain or offset the wheel a couple mm to the right with an offset sprocket or something... but...

as far as the 150 on the street... again... why? what is the goal here? do you just want fancy looking rims? if thats the case stop there. you want them because they look cool to you. but you keep mentioning performance... those wheels aren't for performance. not on this bike.Never mentioned wanting them for performance, nor to look cool. Actually id rather the other 4.5 rim he sells, but the single rear rim cost more than the set of vrossi's. I want a 2nd set of wheels so i dont have to go to the shop and change tires all the time. Its much easier for me to just swap wheels at home whenever i want. I dont want to invest in a tire changer and balancer yet, as i dont go through tires enough to justify it. I also DO like the look of a little wider tire on the rear.

tbh if i was in your situation, here is what i would do...

not buy a second pair of wheels.

put some rosso 2's on.

put new rosso 2's on before each track day.

end of story.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote