View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2015, 08:30 PM   #32
Mitchell_hs
ninjette.org member

Name: Mitchell

Motorcycle(s): 04 Ninja 250R

Nice bike man. Wish I had time to do all of that. I'm 19 and in college. But anyways. I tapped on the floats bowls to see if the slide was stuck and lo and behold, it started working right. Whether that was it or not, I have no clue. But I then took it for a test drive. Ran beautifully. Like the day I got it. Got about a minute or two down the road and I look behind me and see enormous clouds of smoke coming from my exhaust. well I pull over and the bike dies.(I'm assuming this is because of the temperature increasing really fast from the oil burning.) well I let it sit for a while and crank it up. Steady smoke. And I tried to rev it up and it bogged all the way down. Wouldn't accelerate for anything. So I pushed it back home. Lol. I was so happy that I had fixed the bogging only for something else to go wrong and this problem come right back. If this is something difficult to do on my own I'm just gonna take it to a mechanic. What do yall think? Being as there was oil on the old spark plugs, I'm thinking its a valve cover gasket leak.

Last futzed with by Mitchell_hs; May 28th, 2015 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
Mitchell_hs is offline   Reply With Quote