View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2016, 11:14 AM   #7
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
I don't ride on the street much at all anymore.

What has been the biggest ah-ha moment for you guys while riding on the track? what was your biggest learning moment?
Even only getting 1-2 track days a year has (almost) totally quashed my need to tear up the public asphalt, in no small part due to the increased pace I can take comfortably, which adds just that much energy into an unexpected situation.

For me, there were so many "ah-ha!" moments, but a couple that really stick out:
-delaying turn-in helps with so much, especially with seeing through the all-too-common blind corners, making both hitting the optimal spots easier and avoiding hazards (be they stationary, or oncoming traffic)
-getting my knees properly planted on the tank helped me feel so much more connected when leaning. also helped me keep weight off the bars, which had been a cardinal riding sin of mine since I tend to be tense all the time.

SUPER glad to have had a good friend to drag me to the track every year , since I can never seem to find the spare $ & time to do it on my own more often

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.