View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2018, 04:02 PM   #9
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
@choneofakind I have thought about the salt on the roads during winter. These last couple winters they haven't even bothered with salt half the time in my area. I wouldn't try and ride if they are getting the roads ready for a winter storm (they just drop the salt in piles here, it's not spread out at all), or if we've had snow recently but the roads are dry. What I was meaning is there have been several periods in the last winters where we went a stretch long enough without heavy snow to the point where the roads were dry and no salt on them. I hadn't thought about the roads being too cold to get good grip with the tires. If I did go out during the winter, it would just be to practice skills on the Rubber City range down the road. Would that be ok? I don't have anywhere to store the bike for the winter. She'll just stay covered up and I'll keep moving any snow off the cover when I can.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote