View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2023, 05:50 PM   #11
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok I finally got the stove back together and working !
and so far it's working great !
I did put the safety button switch in line with the Auger feed so if it gets too hot it will brake the circuit to the Auger feed and stop feeding pellets to the fire
so it will cool down ! (I've never seen it come on...but it is good to know it's in there)
the way I have it right now a green light is on when it is plugged in above the power switch.... I wanted it to turn on when the switch was turned on but some how I messed that up !?!?!???? but it's fine that way I an tired of working on it! HAHAHAH
...I glued the timer over a hole that took me a good hour to cut out of the side pannel of the stove. that was a real bugger to get cut out.
I simply used about 1/2 tube of Shoe goo from walmart and just glued the timer over the hole and it turned out where it doesn't look too bad.
all the switches work and are hooked up correctly
the power switch activates the timer and that in turn activates the Auger
the fan switch is seperate from the powerswitch because turning the stove off you need to leave the fans on so the stove cools down normally (or the pellets in the hopper will get too hot and possably self ignite)
so the fans have their power from the hot on the power switch they are controled by the fan switch alone. the auger switch interrupts the power going to the auger motor regardless of what the timer is doing...
so I can turn off the feed at any time. there is a small green light that comes on on the timer telling me when the auger motor is turned on .
the next button is a momentary contact switch that feeds power directly to the auger motor bypassing the timer. that was a bit confusing to hook up right but I finally got it to work as planned ...so I can poke the feed button and turn on the auger motor at any time to feed in pellets to the burn pot.
and last but not least is the igniter switch and it's light. when the stove is cold and I am just lighting it I simply poke the feed button to drop pellets into the burn pot.... and then turn on the igniter... the light will come on and stay on as long as the igniter is on.... once the pellets ignite and start burning good I just turn off the igniter as it is not supposed to run any longer than necessary as the fire will maintain itself once it is going.

it's working good and working as planned !
as close as I can tell I do not need to add a trimmer pot to slow down the burn as it's working better than it ever has in the past ! so I am going to leave it alone....
I've gone from 1.5 bags of wood pellets down to 1~1.25 bags a day !
so I have seen a good improvement !
the Adjustment of the timer is very touchie however and so far I am the ONLY ONE to touch the stove as I know that timer better than anyone in the house LOL
right now I had to cut it down as it was getting too warm in the house even with snow on the ground ! and that is something our old stove would not do !
it just could not keep up but this new bigger one has never had a problem keeping us warm with snow on the ground.
the timer is set at around 10 seconds on and 20 seconds off on the average
I have it set usually to where the last dumping of pellets has burned down before it adds more so the flame goes up and down all the time.... that's about as Low as I can get it and still keep the fire going....
and that puts out alot of heat .... I've had it as High as 20 seconds on and
1 min off and the flame was constant and putting out more heat than we could stand ! LOL
but 10 on and 20 off seems to work very well 24/7
I can tweak either knob to increase or decrease the heat if I so desire
but I want to reduce the ware and tear on the parts as much as possible
so having the fire where it goes up and down over time seems to be the best.

I didn't expect to get any improvement in efficiency but obviously I did by using 1/4 bag less a day is quite an improvement.... and the heat output of the stove is noticeably more with that big fan motor running full blast all the
time .
so I saved over $400 bucks on the circuit board and spent about $75.00
on parts and improved the pellet stove quite a bit.... I am very happy with the results! HAHAHAHA

(next time I have that pannel off I need to tie all those wires together as it's a rats nest in there.... I had it all tied up but had to cut them all off to trace wires again as I had wires come off the switches with all the movement I did)
....it's like I put them on tight WTF !!!

Bob.......