View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2023, 04:19 PM   #12
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

its a few months in on using the timer to replace the circuit board on my pellet stove.... hooking the exhaust fan up directly with no way to control it's speed has not been a problem.... it burns cleaner than it ever has I suspect the stove
has never burned correctly because of that feature in it !
but the Timer I used is hard to adjust... it has knobs on it and is easy to turn and all but it's range is a problem it goes all the way up to an hour or so ON and the same with the OFF adjustments but I only need at max up to a minute on/off ... so the adjustment is touchy to say the least... the with of the pointer on the knob is way to far to turn it down if it gets too warm in the house
so I try to adjust it very carefully.... I found I am only using the on time adjuster to regulate the heat with the off time left at something like 30 seconds
or less....
but it is working and working realy good and I am getting more heat out of the stove than I used to get out of it of that I am sure I am using less pellets and the house is toasty warm...
I do need to change a few things ... I've got the power on light lit all the time it is plugged in and should only be lit when the power switch to the timer and rest of the unit is powered... but that is minor
All in all it was a worthwhile endeavor and far cheaper than the stock circuit board by far. the only draw back is that it is not thermostatically controlled anymore.... but that is fine I just turn it off and on when I want to it's not that hard ! HAHAHAHAH
I have no fear of setting it on low and leaving it full of pellets and then leave the house for 3 days

so it does work as I knew it would because I have done this before
if anyone wants help doing this to their pellet stove just PM me.

Bob......