View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2023, 10:27 AM   #48
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I am real glad to see a heavy coat of snow on Mt.Shasta this year... WE definately need the water here it was so dry last summer that even the lakes and ponds dried up
i think the only one that didn't go completely dry was lake shastina ! almost All the big ponds were completely dry.... first time I've ever seen that !
so many Ranchers were fighting getting water to their cattle
One nice big pond that we always see ducks and Canadian honkers in dried up to our dismay.... but it's now got some water in it again.... which I am glad to see. it's not full yet but at least there is water for the critters !
the Shasta River that feeds Lake Shastina was down to just a small trickle but it has picked up by quite a bit now.... it's fed by snow melt off Mt. Shasta and near by mountains.... so I am hoping there will be enough to fill Lake Shastina this spring.
the forest fires we had were monsters as well... we were supposed to evacuate but we never did... it came within 2 blocks of us so we probably should have. but once you go out you cannot come back...they won't let you... so your stuck, that is why we never left. the fire was totally devistating here called the Mill fire it took out a bunch of homes just down the road from us and then headed to the ranches on Hoy road.... and 3 or 4 ranch home went up as well.... most survived though as those ranchers kept the trees and brush back from their places.... one lost the house but it left his shop and well pump house as if to say "I can do what I want" ....
Luckily all the cattle up here survived, and none perished as they went to the wet ends of the fields and waited it out !
.... it's been a rough year for many around here All because it was so Dry....
hopefully we'll get more rain from here on out and things will get better again.

this year I would like to take an Adventure Ride around Mt.Shasta on the back roads
... I don't know if I will or not but that should be something to see !
Bob.....