View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2023, 05:43 PM   #64
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well Poooo !
as I suspected ....I pulled the bowls off the carbs and checked both the main jets/emulsifier tubes and the pilot jets.... and although the left carb had what looked like soot on the main jet face where the numbers are usually stamped...
there was nothing wrong with them at all....
I thought maybe that one was plugged but when I held it up to the light I could see light coming through the droplet of gas in it.... I then blew it out and it was completely clean....
so I'll put the carbs back in and start doing some trouble shooting with the vacuum system on it... that's all it can be at this point.
...the timing is spot on, carbs not plugged, and it should run.... but so far I have not found the offending party !

I know if I put it all back together the way it is it will still do the same thing
and flat topping at 5 grand ain't Right !!!!
.... maybe my Kids right and it is electrical ???? unlikely but possable !

so now it's put the carbs back on and hook up everything and add coolant
as I did get the radiator back on....
I did pop apart the thermostat and pull the thermostat itself and look it over
... There is no small hole in that thermostat just a really small slit
and the gasket was covering it . so this thing had absolutely no bypass of any kind.... so I drilled 6- 1/8" holes on the outside ring to give it at least a little bypass.... we'll see if that helps as far as warmup time....
those holes were about 1/2 covered after the gasket was put on it....
so the bypass that I created is a small one.
so that's were I stand now.... again I made no progress as I found nothing wrong with the carbs they looked like Gordons picture above ! LOL
so I didn't contaminate them some how !

next is emission control BS.... Damm California anyway !
Bob........