View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2023, 09:32 AM   #66
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I am very tempted but I do live in California and these idiots might line me up against a wall and shoot me if I remove it ! this Stupid WOKE mentality started here most of these people live in a dream world that has no connection to reality.... back in the 1980's I used to remove all the Smog crap on my cars till I read that some poor slob did the same and got caught and was fines several thousand dollars... spend 6 months in jail and was cursed at for destroying the environment. EVEN THOUGH we know now that all the smog
crap on the cars does nothing to help the environment, in fact it makes it worse
it is true the car will emit less carbon dioxide, but it also makes 2 times as much deadly acid that has been found to attack traffic signs in L.A.
sense they do not have smog check stations here in this county it's a fair chance i would be fine removing it... but they have been pushing for more stringent smog checks for cars... and also adding motorcycles to that list
there is no doubt that if you live in California your only hope is to move away ! there is no intelligence in their law making ....they passed a bill that forbids the sell of any internal combustion engine here.... I have no fear that will be removed just because it is so utterly stupid.... and unconstitutional... but Newsom and his pack of deranged people actually passed it into law... to come into effect in a few years.... with out any infrastructure for electric cars....
so I may well be using my car and bike for decades to come.
I am sure there is a big down side to removing the smog crap on my Ninja
other than the state's B.S. and that would be Resale....
how much would removing the smog crap from my Ninja lower it's value
is a wild guess but it's fair to say at least a grand.
I paid $4000 for it , which was very high and I knew that. but it was pristine and only had 5k miles on it....

but I said all that to say this ...I just might remove it all anyway and suffer the consequences regardless. because I want the bike to run correctly
....so I am working my way to get it running right again... I do know it would not be so hard if all the Smog stuff was gone !!!

Bob.....