View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2023, 02:52 PM   #76
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well, I actually just went out there... tapped on the carb bowls turned on the gas & choke
hit the starter and it fired right up.... NO Leaks ! it did fix itself ! LOL
.... I've had that happen several times in the past with many different carbs they just don't like to be ran dry some times ! ... and when they are dry going back together and you start filling them up half the time they get stuck...
but no leaks now....
.... I ran it for a few minutes... at first it ran great..... the longer I ran it the worse it ran.... it took throttle great when I first started it... after it started getting warm it started bogging at the opening of the throttle turn on the choke and it revs to 3,000 RPM and takes throttle great... take the choke off and give it the throttle and it died...
completely different from what it was last night ! .... or even 10 minutes ago !
I decided to set the fuel air screws and let it idle without the choke... but the idle was really low so I cranked the little dongle and got the RPM to about 800RPM which is still fairly low.... got my 90 degree screw driver out and by then the idle had dropped really low again.... I reached over to give it throttle and it died before I could..... now it won't start.... it's like WTF ! this thing hates me !
Bob.......