View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2023, 10:04 PM   #78
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

no Jim...I stopped trying to put on the big heavy gas tank and made up a small aux gas tank out of a plastic mayonnaise jar and an old on off valve from the triumphs gas tank
( and Yes the Lid has to be loose on the Mayo jar or vacuum will stop gas flow) I discovered that this morning....
about the only thing that could change in the 3~5 minutes that it ran is the air box viberating back onto the carb boots on the back side .... I did not hook up the back side carb boots before I started it but they look like their fairly close to being on the carbs now.... I'm going to pull the air cleaner just to be sure I don't have a wet filter or something....
it doesn't make sense what it did while I watched it run unless something like that happened.... that would account for the crappy running and eventually dying...
the only other thing I did was turn up the idle.... via the dongle.
.... if air was restricted in the air box it could have caused all of this.... it is UNLIKELY as
heck.... but I have to start somewhere.
.....( I got the gas out of the XR650L for the Mayo Jar i.e. Aux gas tank.)(Clark tank no rust. and it's not old gas)
I'm wondering if the StaBul 360 is so thick that it plugs up the Ninja Carb ? all the gas here has StaBul 360 in it..... More than recommended.
that OR the lid on the Aux Gas tank closed by it self and the bike ran out of gas..... that is more than likely !!!! time to put a pin hole in that lid !..... (what an idiot...I am sure that is the case! it fits!)

Bob.........